Client Support Analyst
Since its founding in 1997, Altum has provided innovative grantmaking and performance management software solutions such as proposalCENTRAL®, Easygrants®, Infor PM, and QlikView, to nonprofit and governmental organizations. Altum now proudly offers excellence in strategic communications, technical and analytical programs, meeting logistics and management, graphics, and materials production. A privately held corporation, Altum, Inc., is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, and has an office in Rockville, Maryland.
The job is full-time and based in our Reston headquarters.
We are seeking a Client Support Analyst with a business-analyst mindset to join Altum’s Support Team for web-based grants management software. The software is used primarily by not-for-profit grantmakers to manage their entire grants management processes.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for inbound client inquiries and product assistance requests.
- Provide e-mail and telephone support to clients and their constituents, investigate reported issues, product troubleshoot, and provide issue resolution.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal technical and product management staff.
- Determine different points of escalation (to different teams) to resolve client issues as applicable.
- Conduct online client product training sessions.
- Communicate clear, precise, and accurate information both verbally and in writing; and be honest, consistent, and tactful in client communications.
- Troubleshoot software functionality, defects, data issues, and user problems; and work with Quality Assurance, as needed, to test new software and enhancements.
- Assist with development of user guides, tip sheets, and other end-user documentation.
- Assist with the communication of release announcements and software upgrade schedules.
It is important to note that:
We are not a call center, nor are we a technical support desk; we resolve bigger problems for our clients.
We are not providing technical software support; this is client support with functional software experience.
- Ability to think about a problem from a variety of perspectives and develop different approaches to solving it.
- Analytical thinking when confronted with a client issue.
- Client-services orientation, which requires you to employ thinking relative to a client request, including the ability to work effectively with clients of varying skill levels and proficiencies.
- Conceptual understanding of product workflows. You understand the interactions between the various features, how they might work in concert, and how you might need to go to different product areas to actually resolve a problem.
- 2+ years in client support or vendor management in a software firm or grants management.
- Prior telephone or hotline client support experience and managing difficult clients.
- Highly structured and organized with effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills; experience communicating software features and solutions in educational materials and/or training sessions is a plus.
This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
EEO Employer: Race, Gender, Veteran, Disabled.
Send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your résumé to:
1801 Robert Fulton Drive
Reston, VA 20191