Since its founding in 1997, Altum has provided innovative grantmaking and performance management software solutions such as proposalCENTRAL®, Easygrants®, PhilanTrack® for Grantseekers, PhilanTrack® for Grantmakers, Infor PM, and QlikView, to nonprofit and governmental organizations. Altum now proudly offers excellence in strategic communications, technical and analytical programs, meeting logistics and management, graphics, and materials production. A privately held corporation, Altum, Inc., is headquartered in Reston, Virginia; with an office in Rockville, Maryland.
The job is full-time and based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join Altum’s Team for web-based grants management software. The software is used primarily by not-for-profit grant makers to manage their entire grants management process.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day-to-day accounting tasks like deposits, checks, bill payment
- Prepare invoicing
- Track revenue and manage contract backlog
- GSA file maintenance
- Prepare general ledger entries
- Keep Cash and Accrual Budgets up to date
- Prepare Indirect Rate Calculations
- Calculate Profitability by Project
- Review financial statements, including supporting schedules and reports showing progress against budgets and related variance analysis.
- Manage the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts, and assist in the preparation of the strategic plan financials.
- Develop procedures, guidelines, and documentation as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in Accounting; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
- Cost Plus Accounting and FAR Knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone, as well as on a team
- Well organized, detail orientated and able to work in a fast-paced government contracting environment with minimal supervision. Need someone that is obsessed with checking their own work and making it error free.
- Strong analytical, judgment and problem solving skills; ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks
- Microsoft NAV or Deltek a plus
This position is eligible for employee referral program.
EEO Employer: Race, Gender, Veteran, Disabled.
Send us your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your résumé to:
1801 Robert Fulton Drive
Reston, VA 20191